Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stir Fry Wintermelon

I always cooked wintermelon in the soup.  Since I have already made some soup tonight, I wanted to see if I can stir fry the wintermelon for a change.  I was surprised to find out the new recipe was well received by the kids and hubby.

Ingredients:

Wintermelon, thin sliced
Dried shrimp, soaked
1 oz. Chinese bacon, sliced
2 gloves of garlic
Green onion, chopped
Cilantro, chopped
1 can  chicken broth
White pepper
Salt

Directions:

1. Heat pan with oil
2. Stir fry garlic until fragrant.
3. Add wintermelon and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add dried shrimp and stir.
5. Pour in chicken broth cook wintermelon until soft.
6. Mix some water with a tsp of cornstarch, stir in and cook until thicken.
7. Quickly stir in chopped green onion and cilantro.
8.  Sprinkle some white pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment