Sunday, December 20, 2009

How I Restyle My Jewelry

I have been trying to come up with different ways to wear my jewelry in order to fit in with today's modern trend by mixing my old/dainty jewelry with my big/bold jewelry. Here is what I did:

1.Separate all jewelry by category such as: necklaces, bangles, rings, and watches.
2.Sort by type such as: silver, gold, color, and chunky.
3.Sort by length.

Different ways to wear necklaces:
  • It is best to combine 3 or 4 necklaces of different lengths for a good proportion.
  • For a simple look- mix gold chains of different lengths,  or silver chains of different lengths, or mix silver and pearl necklaces.
  • For more bold/trendy look, mix both bold and chain necklaces together.
Bracelets and bangles:
  • mix 2 bracelets and 2 bangles
  • mix pearl and silver bracelets
  • mix multiple skinny bangles and one big bangle
  • or mix several bangles together.
  • I don't have chunky bangles, because my hands are small.
*Best tips I learned:
  • Don't wear a matching earrings set. One statement jewelry is best.
  • The length of your necklace should be equivalent to the length from the top of your forehead down to the chin.

    Here's a slide show I created with some combo:










No comments:

Post a Comment