Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Pot Sticky Rice

We mostly go out with friends during the holiday season.  I didn't stock up a lot of food in the refrigerator.  I was surprised to see that I only have one cup of rice left in the rice bin. That was definitely not enough to feed the four of us.  I was happy to find a bag of sticky rice and some dried food in the the kitchen as I was looking for food to cook.  I decided to make sticky rice since that's what the Chinese usually have during the cold winter season.  This is the first time I cooked everything in the rice cooker.  With some soy sauce on the side, this is one easy and tasty meal to make.



Ingredients:

5 Shiitake mushroom, soaked
3  pairs Chinese sausages
1 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups sticky rice (or sweet rice)

Directions:

1.  Chop the soaked mushroom, save the soaking water.
2.  Rinse and chop the Chinese sausages.
3.  Chop the dried shrimp, save the soaking water.
4.  Rinse and pour both rice in the rice cooker.
5.  Pour in all the soaking water and juice, then add just enough water to make 3 cups of rice in the rice cooker.  This is to ensure you will not cause the rice to be too mushy.
6.  Add in all the ingredients and mix well with rice.
7.  Press cook on the rice cooker until cooked.
8.  Serve with sweet or dark soy sauce made for clay pot rice.

3 comments:

  1. hi im krista. mm this looks yummy :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. My mom likes to make this too!

    -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krista, nice of you to stop by and thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete