Friday, October 29, 2010

BB Cream and All in one make-up tubes

This cream taken the other side of the globe by storm last couple of years.  I hadn't learned about this until recently.  It has not been thoroughly sold in the U.S. market yet, but you can find this cream online.  You can also find some BB cream now from local Korean and Japanese cosmetic counters, but the choice might be still limited at this point. 

What is BB Cream? Why is it the hottest beauty product in the Asian market now?  Here is what I learned:
BB stands for "Blemish Balm" and have said originated in Germany as an ointment dermatologists initially used it to help laser surgery patients protect, soothe and regenerate their highly sensitive skin while also providing good coverage for post-laser scars and redness.

Popular Korean celebrities were the first to start using the cream for beauty purposes,  then the beauty trend has now spread from Korea to Japan to South East Asia and is quickly making its way to Europe and the USA.   BB cream protects the skin and correct skin tone, and simultaneously offer as a  make up base or foundation, serving as a multi-effect product. There are many brands now available on the market, to learn more about BB cream brands and how to apply it,  You can read the details from this website about BB cream .

My friend bought me this cream from Hong Kong recently.  She told me this was about US$38 or so. 
Although the color seemed dark when I squeezed the cream out, it actually blends very well with my skin.  I am fair to medium with yellow/pink tone.  It's very easy to spread the cream out.  I felt the moisture and instantly lifted my skin and moisturized it at the same time. Best of all, it doesn't have any fragrance.



Although it did not cover all my dark spots but it did cover some of the blemishes and redness.  It gives me a glowing, more even tone and I feel my face is packed with moisture all day long.   I also like the fact that it has SPF 36 so that I did not have to worry about the sunscreen protection.  This is truly nice to have to go out without feeling naked on days I don't feel like putting on make up.  You are supposed to wash and clean it off as make up before going to bed.   It is  in my opinion a necessity when it comes to beauty product.  I will definitely purchase this again.

I had my heart set on this when I saw this from Real Simple magazine.  It has all the things you need for eye make up. This one comes with eyeliner, highligter and eye shadow.  It's small to pack to go anywhere.

All in one eye make-up tube, $17


They also have one for lips, which comes with lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss.  I like them because I can have everything in one small pouch and not carry so many cosmetics with me when traveling..

 All in one lip make-up tube, $17

For more information, you can check out this wanderlovebeauty website.

If you are a fan of Shiseido skin care products, or wanted to try out their products, there are great gifts with purchase offered at Macy's and Nordstrom's this season.  I got my GWP from Macy's and I think they are offering better deal then Nodrstrom.  I am trying out their White Lucent line.  The GWP still available this week and while supplies last.

No comments:

Post a Comment