Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cleaning Out The Refrigerator

I have been wanting to clean my refrigerator for awhile.  The weather has been up and down these past few weeks.  The temperature would soar up to 90 degree at some points, then lower to 65 on other days.  It has been much cooler these past few days.  I decided to start my my fall cleaning today.  The task for today is to work on my refrigerator (this has been way overdue for some months).

Clean out the freezer side first

 Store frozen goods in a bin; toss any unused or expired frozen food

Wash refrigerator with warm soapy water, then rinse with clean water with another cloth.

Once done, store back the frozen goods immediately

 Now, clean out the refrigerator side

Put all goods in a bin, toss any unused or expired items


Put items back into the refrigerator
It took me three hours to clean the refrigerator.  It's best to remove all shelves and bins from the refrigerator because you will be surprised what went behind the shelves.  It is also easy to clean any sticky stains that have been there for a long time.  For a harder to clean area, you might want to soak the area with warm soapy water for few minutes before cleaning it to make it easier on yourself.  Put in half of lemon and baking soda in both sides of the refrigerator; it will help eliminate the refrigerator odors.

No comments:

Post a Comment