2 cups of long grain rice (original called for 2 cups of sweet rice)
3 cups of sweet rice
3 pairs of Chinese sausage
1/2 Dried Pork Belly
4 slices of Ginger
2 gloves of Garlic, finely chopped
10 Small Dried shrimp (soak for 5 minutes and drain the water),finely chopped
3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Dried Pork Belly
1. Wash and pour both types of rice into the rice cooker.
2. When rice is cooked, let it cool off.
3. Slice Chinese sausage and dried pork belly into smaller pieces.
4. Heat the pan first. Then add only a little cooking oil, and stir fry gingers and garlic until fragrant but not burned.
5. Add in the Chinese sausage and dried pork belly and stir fry until cooked.
6. Add dried shrimp and stir until fragrant.
7. Add the cooled rice, mix well with oyster,soy sauce and sesame oil.
Stir fry and mix everything well until the rice is covered with sauce and turned to a brown color.
Serve while it's hot. Add some soy sauce if it's not salty enough.
1 You can adjust the white rice to whatever ratio of the sweet rice. It's really your own preference as the original recipe should be sweet rice only.
2. It's important to let the rice cooled off before you mix in with other cooked ingredients so they will be easy to stir fry and do not look mushy when done. You can add more meat and adjust oyster or soy sauce to your preference.
3. Serve with any vegetable to help with digestion. I served this with a quick fix vegetable chicken soup.