Monday, December 20, 2010

Laksa Noodle Soup

This is the dish I crave the most and is a must order dish from any Malaysian or Singaporian restuarant. I have eaten curry Laksa as long as I can remember.  I have never tried to make this dish myself because I was never able to find the Laksa sauce from the local Asian supermarket.  Until recently, I have developed an interest to mix sauces myself.  I went to my local Asian supermarket and literally went through every jar and sauce on the shelf.  I was determined to see what I can find to make my favorite dish.  I knew the Laksa soup is made from a shrimp base.  I remembered it was listed as Curry Laksa in the menu, so there must curry in it.  After couple of tries,  I finally created a recipe that I was content with.  I am happy that I can finally make this at home whenever I crave for it without paying a high price for a small bowl of Laksa. 

 
Serving for 4
Ingredients:

2 cans of chicken broth
1/2 package of curry powder
1/2 can of minced prawn in spicy paste
2 cans of coconut milk (5.6 oz each)
2 gloves of garlic
1 bag Fried tofu
1/2 bag bean sprout
4 oz. green beans or okra
1/2 bag of fried fish balls
1 bag of rice noodle


Direction:

1. Heat pan with oil, stir fry garlic, add prawn paste and curry powder until fragrant.
2. Add green bean and stir fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add in fish balls and fry for 2 minutes then add tofu.
4. Add some soysauce.
5. Pour in the chicken soups and coconut milks.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. If it's not salty, add soysauce.
8. Cook noodle according to the package.
9. To serve, place noodles in the bowl, add cooked ingredients and soup, add in the bean sprouts.

1 comment: