Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Japanese Cold Noodles

As the weather turning warmer these days.  It was too warm to cook at home.  I decided to go to grocery store to get some ingredients to make some cold noodles.  I invited my friend to tag along to the store.  She learned this from her Japanese mother-in-law and was very nice to make this for lunch at her house.  It's really a refreshing and simple meal to prepare.  I am happy to know my family really like the Japanese style cold noodles, that certainly help make my time in the kitchen a lot more pleasant during those very warm days.
Ingredients:

1 pkg. buckwheat Noodles
1 sheet roasted Seaweed, shredded
1/2 cucumber, shredded
1/2 stalk carrot, shredded
4 oz. ham or Japanese fish cake, sliced
Some soba noodle Soup base
Shichimi togarashi(Japanese red pepper mix, optional)
Directions:

  1. Cook noodles in boiling water for about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
  2. Serve all other prepared ingredients on small dishes.
  3. To serve, fill soba soup base in a small sauce dish.
  4. Sprinkle some red pepper mix.
  5. Dip noodle in soba sauce and eat with other prepared food.
Note:

I did not have the Japanese fish cake at home and it's omitted in the picture here.  I found out the proper way to eat the noodle is not pouring the soup base over the noodle but dipping the noodle in the soba soup base sauce as you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment