1 pkg. buckwheat Noodles
1 sheet roasted Seaweed, shredded
1/2 cucumber, shredded
1/2 stalk carrot, shredded
4 oz. ham or Japanese fish cake, sliced
Some soba noodle Soup base
Shichimi togarashi(Japanese red pepper mix, optional)
- Cook noodles in boiling water for about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Serve all other prepared ingredients on small dishes.
- To serve, fill soba soup base in a small sauce dish.
- Sprinkle some red pepper mix.
- Dip noodle in soba sauce and eat with other prepared food.
I did not have the Japanese fish cake at home and it's omitted in the picture here. I found out the proper way to eat the noodle is not pouring the soup base over the noodle but dipping the noodle in the soba soup base sauce as you eat.