Friday, February 12, 2010

Celebration Chinese New Year theme

I was cleaning up my house this morning.  It's traditional for every family to clean up the house before the New Year to sweep away any old ill-fortune in hopes to make way for good incoming luck. I put up a couple of New Year decorative items which have themes of “happiness”, “wealth”, and “longevity near the window and door.  While doing that, I was also lookng for some Chinese New Year holiday musics to listen to. I found this Yanni's piece on YouTube and I just couldn't resist sharing this with all of you.  This is such a beautiful, peaceful and mesmerizing piece.  I have been Yanni's fan for many years.  My boss was the one who introduced Yanni's music to me over 20 years ago. I thought this would be a good time to share music that fits the west meets east genre since Chinese Lunar New Year happens to fall on this coming Sunday, same day as Valentine's day.  Here's Yanni performed in Forbidden City,  China.  

Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment