1 cup of long grain rice (original called for 2 cups of sweet rice)
1 cup of sweet rice
2 pairs of Chinese sausage
2 slices of Ginger
2 gloves of Garlic, finely chopped
4 to 5 Dried Shiitake mushrooms (Soaked in warm water for 30 minutes), sliced when soft
10 Small Dried shrimp (soak for 5 minutes and drain the water), finely chopped
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
8 oz. Pork sirloin, sliced (marinated with sauce first, see below)
Marinated meat sauce:
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp regular soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Wash and pour both types of rice into the rice cooker.
- When it's done, let it cool off.
- Slice Chinese sausage and mushrooms
- Heat the pan first. Then add cooking oil, and stir fry gingers and garlic until fragrant but not burned.
- Add in the dried shrimp and marinated pork until cooked.
- Add the cooled rice, mix well with oyster,soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Stir fry and mix everything well until the rice is covered with sauce and turned to a brown color.
- Serve while it's hot. Add some soy sauce if it's not salty enough.
1. I replaced 2 cups of sweet rice with 1 cup sweet rice and 1 cup long grain rice which I feel is easier to digest as we tend to eat a lot of it. You can adjust the white rice to whatever ratio of the sweet rice. It's really your own preference as the original recipe should be sweet rice only.
2. It's important to let the rice cooled off before you mix in with other cooked ingredients so they will be easy to stir fry and do not look mushy when done. You can add more meat and adjust oyster or soy sauce to your preference.
3. Serve with any vegetable to help with digestion. I served this with the winter melon soup.