I like to use leftover white rice to make fried rice for my kids. Last night, I ran out of ham and found some smoked salmon in the refrigerator. I used it to make this fried rice.
1 cup of white rice (day old rice is preferred)
1 Tbsp cooking oil
2 gloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 Yellow onion, chopped
10 String beans, chopped
4 oz. Smoked salmon
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
Some black peppers
1 stalk of green onion, chopped
1. Heat up pan until hot, add some cooking oil.
2. Stir fry onion until fragrant.
3 Add in string beans and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add a little water, cover and cook for couple of minutes or until cooked.
4. Add smoked salmon and cook for couple of minutes.
5. Make a well in the center of mixture, crack the eggs in and stir fry for 2 minutes then mix well with all the mixture.
6. Add in the rice, oyster sauce and soy sauce, stir and mix well with all the mixture.
7. Add some black pepper and green onion when they are done.
You can cook with any vegetable like carrots, peas, tomatoes. I personally like to use fresh string beans, or green beans. Marinated beef is also a good option in this recipe.