Monday, August 9, 2010

Front Door Restyle

I have been wanting to redecorate my front entrance of the house lately.  Although I love these two metal containers, but they have been hanging on my front doors for several years.  I have been trying to come up with some ideas to change the look.

This is how it looked like before:


Close up look of each of these:
I thought I could spray paint the containers and replace with some new flowers.  But the flowers were glued so tight in the foam and I didn't want to ruin them.  Instead I just added more leaves and now they are hung in the back yard for a different look.  Here is the after photo:





We have a double door in the front entrance of the house, and I always wanted to get something that went together but without looking too similar.  I thought the only way to achieve that was to get a couple of wreaths and make them myself.  I was lucky to find two wreaths at the clearance price of only $3 each.  I snipped off the flowers that were originally on them and hot glued my own silk flowers and arranged them.  Now I have a brand new look for my front door:






I was thinking I could also pull these silk flowers out and replace them with different flowers as the seasons change.

No comments:

Post a Comment