1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1 can shredded bamboo shoot
1 lb. Thai eggplant, quartered (or orkra, sliced)
1 lb. chicken
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp of sugar
1 stalk Thai basil (optional)
1. Heat oil in pan and stir the garlic and curry until fragrant.
2. Add in the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown.
3. Add in the bamboo shoot and stir.
4. Pour in coconut milk and water. Mix well.
5. Add fish sauce and sugar. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
6. Add Thai eggplant (or okra) and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until eggplant is soft.
7. Add Thai basil.
8. Serve over Jasmine rice.
I also added some okra along with the eggplant this time. Dilute it with more water if you think the soup is too thick and add fish sauce instead of salt. Green curry paste is very hot, adjust to your prefer taste.