Peanut butter is always my top pick over any other spreads . When I was a kid, my dad always sprinkled some sugar over peanut butter on a slice of bread for breakfast. As I turned into a teenager, I liked to eat crackers with peanut butter as an after school snack. I learned later from my kids that kids at school like to eat peanut butter with Jelly or bananas. It was odd for me to hear that at first, but then it became our favorite lunch to make. Whenever I am craving for some candy, I get myself a small bag of peanut butter M&M candy. Now whenever my daughter makes cookies, I ask her to make me some peanut butter cookies. These are the cookies she made for me. They were a little crunchy but not too sweet; a perfect recipe for me.
1/2 c shortening
1 1/4 c light brown sugar
3/4 c peanut butter
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 c all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Cream together shortening, brown sugar, peanute butter.
3. Stir in egg, milk, vanilla. Add in flour, baking soda, salt.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool before transferring to wire rack.