Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shrimp Fried Rice

Fred rice is one of the frequent dishes I made at home. Whenever we have left over steamed rice, I would check to see what I have in the refrigerator.  Any vegetable and meat can be used alone or combine to fry with rice.  There were times I would have no food but eggs in the refrigerator, with a quick whip on eggs and soy sauce, a simple and delicious fried rice was done in 5 minutes.  Here is one of my favorite fried rice because it has all the ingredients I love. I love frying fresh green bean with eggs and I never get bore with shrimp.

Ingredients:

3 gloves garlic, minced
1 cup shrimp, peel and halves
1 cup green bean, chopped to small pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
2 eggs, whip
1 cup white rice
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce

Directions:

1.  Heat pan with cooking oil.
2.  Stir fry shrimp until cook, scoop out and set aside.
3.  Add 1 tbsp oil and heat until it's hot. Stir fry garlic until fragrant.
4.  Add and stir fry green bean for 5 minutes, add salt and water
5.  Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
6.  Add cooked shrimp and pour in the egg, mix and cook until egg is done.
7.  Add in the steamed rice, soy sauce and oyster sauce, stir fry well until all incorporated well.
8   Sprnkle some black pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment