I have been craving for dessert for sometime. I had forgotten that I had frozen pie crust leftover from when I made the chicken pot pie. I decided to try the recipe I saw from another blog. I revised the recipe to fit the ingredients which I had on hand. The prep time only took 5 minutes. Within 25 minutes or so, the sweet aroma of warm pastries permeated the house. The hot, scrumptious pie was so delicious that we finished it in less than 20 minutes. The next time I bake this I will use pears as the filling, for I love eating pears. If you like pie that isn't too sweet, this is a fantastic recipe to use if you want a quick dessert.
Wandering Chopsticks's Pluot apple galette.
1 Peach, peeled, cored and sliced
1 Pear, peeled, cored and thin sliced
1 tbsp butter (optional)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1 frozen pie crust, defrosted
1. Slice the fruits thinly, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
2. Lay defrosted pie crust on a pie plate or greased cookie sheet.
3. Scatter the fruits into the pie crust.
4. Sprinkle butter on top of mixed ingredients.
4. Fold up the sides of pie crust.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.