1 Sweet potato
1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
3 Cloves of garlic
2 Cups low sodium chicken broth
2 1/2 Cups chopped chicken breast
1 Red bell pepper1 Cup frozen peas
1 Cup Portobello mushrooms, rinsed and peeled
1 Cup half & half (fat free)*
1 Premade crust
1 Tbsp Dill
1 Tbsp Italian Parsley
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- Rinsed and dice all vegetables and chicken.
- Heat pan with canola oil.
- Add potatoes, leek, and carrots and stir for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in flour and minced garlic.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour into a baking ware when it's done.
- Roll out the crust and flatten it. Cut into a few strips.
- Place the cut strips on top of the cooked mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
I added more vegetables than the original recipe had called for. I used non-fat milk instead of half and half.
It's a little sweet for our taste to use sweet potato. Next time I would use potatoes instead and maybe add some curry powder for a different taste.