1 pkg Fresh chow fun
8 0z. Flank steak
1/2 Yellow Onion
1 pkg Bean Sprouts
1 tsp Dark Soysauce
1 tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Sugar
Sauce: Some dark soy sauce and oyster sauce
Chili sauce (Optional)
- Rinse the noodles in cold water.
- Separate the noodles into thin slices.
- Drain the noodles well.
- Slice beef and marinate beef with soy sauce, sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch and set aside in refrigerator.
- Rinse bean sprouts and slice yellow onion.
- Heat oil, stir fry yellow onion until fragrant
- Add in the beef and stir fry until cook
- Add bean sprout and stir fry for few minutes.
- Add noodles, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and stir gently and until mix well.
- Top with green onion to serve.
I learned that the oil is not the most important. It is most important to separate the chow fun first before cooking. The trick to separate it successfully is to make sure the noodle was already soft when rinsing. If it was previously refrigerated, microwaving it for 5 minutes until soft before rinsing helps separate the chow fun easier.