Puff pastry is useful for a quick dessert or snack. I used puff pastry to make this soup for my kids last week. It looks elegant but is actually really simple to make.
1 Russet Potato, peeled and diced
1/4 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 cup frozen green peas and carrots
1 tbsp of cooking oil
1 small can of cream of mushroom
1 same amount of water as cream of mushroom
- Thaw one sheet of puff pastry on a foil in at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
- Rinse and chop all ingredients.
- Heat up pan and cooking oil.
- Stir fry onions until fragrant.
- Add potatoes and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add green peas and carrots and stir fry.
- Add 1 can of water to the cream of mushroom and mix well.
- Add pepper and diluted cream of mushroom to the pan and cook with the rest of ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes until potato is cooked.
- Transfer soup into 4 small cups.
- Cut thawed puff pastry into 4 equal pieces. Carefully place one piece on top of each cup.
- Seal the edge of pastry by brushing some water along the edge.
- Beat one egg and brush egg wash on top of each pastry for coloring.
- Put in oven and bake at 390 degree for 10 minutes.
- Serve when it's hot.
For an even more quick and simple soup, just open a can of soup and pour it in the cup, then follow steps 11 to 15.