2 TBSP Olive oil
5 Fresh Italian sausages
2 Plum tomatoes, peeled and slice to cubes
1 Bunch arugula, rinsed and spun dry
1/2 cup White wine
1/2 to 1 cup Pasta water
1 TBSP Butter dip in flour
1 Box (14 oz.) Penne or other tubular pasta
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a pot of water to boiling.
- Cook penne according to package instruction with salt until al dante.
- Drain and transfer the cooked penne into a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in medium saute pan, saute sausage for 2 to 3 minuter or until partially cooked.
- Add arugula and saute until wilted.
- Add tomatoes, wine and enough pasta water to make a sauce, stirring to combine.
- Add butter and flour and stir to thicken sauce.
- Pour the mixture on top of cooked penne.
- Sprinkle some pasmesan cheese and serve warm.
I found the dish tasted better when you let the pasta sit a little longer in the sauce and serve with hot sauce. You can use mild flavor of Italian sausage if you don't like hot and spicy food.
For more healthier meal, I use multigrain pasta with ALA Omega-3. You can also skip the butter. I didn't have arugula at home. I chopped up a bunch of romaine lettuce instead. I would add more lettuce next time.
The pasta water helped thicken the sauce. When adding flour, be sure to constantly stir the sauce to thicken it.