Over the phone, my Thai friend taught me how to make this Thai dish. All these ingredients can be found in any asian supermarket. This delicious recipe serves 4 people.
1 pkg. rice stick noodle
1 clove of Garlic
1 lb. Peeled shrimp
1 pkg. fried tofu - sliced into tiny slices
1 pkg. bean sprout
1 jar Pad Thai Sauce
1-2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 -2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1. Soak noodle in cold water for few hours or over night.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil on high heat
3. Blanch shrimp in boiling water until cooked.
4. Stir fry garlic and sliced tofu.
4. Add egg and stir fry until cooked.
5. Add in the noodle and stir fry.
6. Add half of the mixed sauce and mix well with noodle
7. Add a little of water at a time if the noodle is too dry
8. If the noodle is not softened to your satisfactory, keep adding a little water and cover with lid and simmer at low heat, the water dry up easily, make sure to check on it so it's not burn.
9. When the noodles are done, add the cooked shrimps back and stir well together.
10. Fold in green onion and bean sprout.
11. Serve with crushed peanuts and pepper flakes. Squeeze some lime juice on top.
Always taste and check the noodle before adding more water and sauce. Add any oyster or soy sauce to prefer taste. Fresh noodle can be used and omit adding the water when cooking.