Crab is my favorite type of seafood and I often serve them on special occasions, even when they are not in season. When they are in season, I go to a Chinese supermarket practically every other week, just to buy crabs to indulge myself in. It is often cheaper to buy live crabs at a Chinese supermarket. They are $2.99 per pound when they are in season. Although there are many ways to cook them, I find that they taste best when cooked with curry. You can even make hot and spicy curry with them, or just some delicious soup. This is the simplest and easiest recipe I have:
1tbsp cooking oil
1 glove of Garlic (chopped)
2 slices of Ginger
1 Green onion (chopped)
1 tbsp Cooking wine
1. Clean and cut the crabs to pieces.
2. Heat up the pan and add cooking oil.
3. Add chopped garlic, gingers and stir until you can smell the fragrance.
4. Add the crabs in and stir fry.
5. When the crabs turn color, add wine along the inside of the pan and stir fry with crab a little, cover and cook for 8 minutes.
6. Uncover and push the crab aside, to make room to cook the eggs.
7. Crack the eggs in the center of the wok and stir quickly until it's cooked, then mix with the crabs.
8. Add onion on top and serve onto plate.
9. It's best to eat when it's still warm.
1. All seafood do not taste good when it's overcook, make sure the crab is not cook too long.
2. Crab itself is salty, don't need to add anymore salt, unless you like a little more salty, add some light soy sauce when ready to serve.
3. Remember do not eat persimmon and crab together, you might get sick from it.