I tried this last year, and we did not have a lot of ants in the house:
- After the raining season is over , like around April, spray the outside of the house with ants Pesticide.
- Spray again in June before the weather gets really hot.
- Another spray in October before the weather gets cold.
- Place ant stakes 2 times a year outside of the house- whenever the day light saving time hour change, e.g. March and October.
- Place star anise or cinnamon sticks inside the shelf or area where the ants will most likely show up.
- Put fresh vanilla bean inside the sugar container.
- Place powder underneath the refregerator.
- Plant some peppermints outside the house.