Monday, March 15, 2010

A Strand of Pearls

I recently purchased this 100" long strand of fresh water pearls from Macy's and found it very versatile. Here is how it was boxed:
Beautiful wooden box

 Inside an elegant wooden box

 It also came with a booklet of various ways to wear the pearl necklace:

I also saw a young lady wearing a long string of pearls on the day I went to the Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus.  She was wearing a white knitted sweater with knotted long pearls, a pair of black skinny pants, a pair of black sling backs and a white purse.  It was just lovely on her, but I was not able to take a picture of her on that day.

It also reminded me of the story everybody probably knows:  The Necklace. I still remember the scene from the movie I watched: the lady who lost the necklace was wearing a Victorian dress with a string of pearls around her neck.  I must have still been in elementary school.  There is another story I read long time ago Mr. Know-All written by W. Somerset Maugham.  I am just fascinating about these stories.

2 comments: