I had been cooking and cleaning for most of the day in the kitchen and was inspired from this kitchen rug to make the dish:
1 Piece of winter melon
1 Tbsp cooking oil
2 Gloves of garlic
1-2 Cups of chicken stock (depends on the size of the melon)
Salt to taste
1 Tsp conrstarch
4 Tbsp cold water
- Use a small cookies dough scooper to scoop the melon into balls.
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil.
- Add the garlics, stir until fragrant and discard them.
- Add the winter melon balls and salt, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, cover and cook until melons are soft.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water, slowly stir into cooked melons until sauce is thicken.
- Arrange cooked melons into grapes design.
- Decorate with parsley and spinach to mimic the grapes leaves and vines.
Winter melon can be found in Asian supermarket. You can add chicken bouillon cube for stronger flavor.