Monday, March 8, 2010

Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus


Last Thursday my sister-in-law and I went to this beauty event at Neiman Marcus.  We began with the first level of Neiman Marcus. We passed by the makeover show and browsed through the cosmetic counters. We stopped at this table at the man's department.  We each were given two drink tickets and a red rubber band to wear on our wrist by the lady there.
 Lined up to get our drinks at the bar:
After we got our drinks, we saw people lined up for this caviar table.  There were several kinds of caviars:
This is how they served the caviar:
 
My sister-in-law and I looked at each other and wondered if we were supposed to eat them or use them as lotion since this is not the way I remember when I had the caviar before.  I would think they would serve this expensive caviar on a cracker. We then saw that people sipped off the caviar from their hands.  I assumed that was the correct way to eat it.  I wanted to know if they were serving the Beluga caviars (which I doubted since this brand is very expensive) so I asked the lady who served us the caviar what brand it was.  She told me it was California Estate caviar.  It came in a 2 oz. jar and was selling for $90 per oz.  We both had two servings already, so I assumed we must had consumed half of that caviar, and that must be worth of $45 for that tiny portion.

The fashion show was on the second level.  A table stand was already set up to display these mini cupcakes.  Look at these cute mini cupcakes. They were just so moist and delicious.  The ones I tried were chocolate, red velvet and lemon.

Here is the cupcakes list:
 
The event also offered the latest regimens and free gifts. It doesn't mater what brand, with a cosmetics or fragrance purchase of $100 or more, you get a denim bag in light blue with silver trim or dark blue with gold, plus some free gifts. 
 
 I believed we had missed the first three rounds of the fashion show by the time we were at the second level. While we waited for the show to begin, a board game called "Fashion" was displayed on top of the table where we were sitting. 
Decks of various categories of trivia questions cards were stacked around the board game:
The cost of the board game was $65.
The fashion show began 10 minutes later:

This is our favorite:

No comments:

Post a Comment