Wednesday, March 17, 2010

DIY Plants Centerpiece


I have been doing my spring cleaning through out the house over the past few days.  I found these baskets and almost put them in the donation piles.  While I was finding ways to display these rocks my girls collected from Carlsbad when we took our vacation there few years ago, I started to play with these items:
I first laid out the rocks on the big rattan tray and then put the small basket inside.

Then, I finished gathering the small plants and grouped them together here, and Voila!


Here is another centerpiece I made a while back.  I loved the shape of this zisha clay teapot but broke the long handle and thought I could use it as a flower pot.
I have 4 of  these small bamboo plants in the votive that I received as party favors from a wedding we attended last year. One was used for the above tray centerpiece, these 3 were used in the teapot.  Look how beautiful they are together:

I am just so happy to be able to salvage the things I love and make it into something I can display at home.  All you need is a little imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment