I made the family's favorite noodle soup last night for dinner. My friend, who taught me how to make this dish, used to own a restaurant just selling noodles. This is her recipe:
2 packages Beef Neck Bone or Oxtail
2 packages Beef balls
2 Cinnamon stick
3 Pickled Garlic
1 Bunch of Cilantro, separate roots and leaves
2 stalks of Celery
Noodles (Rice Stick Noodles)
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
Dark soy sauce
Light soy sauce
Cilantro leaves, chopped
Dried chilie flakes
1. Put the oxtails into boiling of water first, let cook for one minute, then drain the water.
2. Add a fresh pot of water into the pot with all the rest of the ingredients (Add cilantro root only)
3. Turn on high heat until it's boiling, then turn to low heat to cook for 2 hours.
4. Cook noodles according to the package instruction. I used rice stick noodles with this soup.
5. Scoop the soup and meats over a bowl of noodle.
6. Serve with bean sprouts,spinach or any vegetable.
7. Add garnish on top and mix well.
Adjust the soy sauces to preferred taste. Chili sauce goes well with it.