Friday, January 22, 2010

Chicken Masala

I wasn't sure what to cook tonight until I saw the 2 bottles of Masala wine in the China cabinet.  I have not made this for a long time and I was rushing to make dinner.  It only took me 30 minutes to  finish cooking the whole meal.  I must say I am surprised that the chickens were very tender and delicious.  Here's how I made this:


Ingredients:

4 Boneless chicken Breasts
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup flour
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1/2 lb. of fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup Masala wine


Directions:

1. Halves each chicken breast lengthwise into 2 thin slices. Add them to the milk and let them soak.
2. Flatten the chickens by pounding the chickens to 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Heat the pan and add cooking oil until hot.
4. Coat the chicken breasts with some flour and then add to the heated oil.
5. Turn to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown, then flip to the other side and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
6.  Add the mushrooms and mix with the chickens and let them cook for another 5 minutes.
7.  Turn to low heat and drizzle soy sauce and the Masala wine around the pan and mix well with chickens.
8.  Cook another 5 minutes. Then they are ready to be served.

Notes:

I recall the restaurant I dined with long time ago served this with mashed potatoes and spinach. That's why I  served the Chicken Masala with mashed potatoes and stir fried spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment