Since I have never made a lasagna before and we all love lasagna, this is a good chance for me to cook what we like and not have to worry about the calories and fat content. I made my first attempt, and it tasted fantastic.
1/2 package of Barilla Lagsana
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb. Ground Beef
2 gloves Garlic
2 Fresh Roma Tomatoes, diced
2 Cups Spinach *
Few Bella Mushrooms
1 small (16 oz.) Non-fat cottage cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mozarella cheese
1 Cup shredded Parmigiano Ramano Cheese
- Boil water and cook Barilla lasagna on a wider but shallow pan according to the package instruction.
- Drain lasagna, rinse with cold water, and lay flat on a pan first.
- Mix the 3 cheeses together with 2 eggs (eggs beaten lightly first)
- Heat pan with oil, add in garlic,beef and mushrooms,add spaghetti sauce, then tomatoes and spinach.
- Drain excess liquid from the cooked ingredients.
- Grease the pan first. Then spread 3/4 cup of meat sauce on the bottom of bake pan.
- Start laying 3 pieces of lasagna lengthwise overlapping each other over the meat sauce.
- Pour cooked ingredients and spread some cheese mixture on the first layer .
- Stack on anothe layer of cooked lasagna, repeat adding the same ingredients on second layer of lasagna..
- Repeat layering until the pan is filled to the top.
- On the last layer, spread some sauce and mozarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degree for 15- 30 minutes or until a little brown.
- Serve with baguettes or garlic bread.
1 small package frozen spinach can be substitued. Blanch in boil water until defroze. Drain and squeeze excess liquid..
A small rectangular Pirex pan will make a perfect 3 layers lasagna.