Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crisp Baked Lemon Catfish

I'm sure you all had a wonderful Mother's day celebration.   I would like to share with you the meal my daughter made for me on Mother's Day.  She made everything from scratch. This is Catfish Meuniere with homemade garlic potatoes and roasted bell peppers.  It doesn't look very good in the picture but it tasted delicious.

Catfish Meuniere

She also bought me a Tiramisu, that was so delicious.  I couldn't stop eating it!

My little one made me a beautiful pearl bracelet that I now wear it on my wrist.  She also made me a lovely and touching card as usual. I always enjoy reading her card.  She has always been good in writing and creating beautiful card ever since she's very young.

Since there were still two catfish fillets left in the refrigerator, I tried this simple recipe I found from Living magazine.  I didn't have the same ingredients the original recipe called for.  I substituted with what I had at home and we liked the taste.  I think I will try it again with the cod next time.

Crisp Baked Lemon Catfish
adapted from Martha Stewart's Living Magazine - Crisp Baked Lemon Cod

Serves 2
Ingredients:

1 cup honey nut cheerios, crushed*
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro*
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
3/4 tsp coarse sea salt
2 catfish fillets, skinned*
4 cups baby spinach*
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp cooking oil
Salt

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  Combine cereal, oil, cilantro, zest, and sea salt.
  2. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.  
  3. Press fish in crumb mixture, turning to coat.  Transfer to wire rack.
  4. Bake until golden brown, and cooked through, about 14 to 16 minutes.  
  5. Heat a saute pan and add cooking oil.
  6. Saute garlic until brown but not burned, scoop up, and set aside.
  7. Add spinach in the pan and saute for a few minutes and then add salt to taste.
  8. Divide fish and spinach onto two plates and add cooled garlic on top of spinach.
Note:

I preferred to have cooked spinach, so I just prepared it the way I like it.  Baking the fish on a wire rack allows the fish to get crisp on all sides. Squeeze lemon wedges over fish for a more tangier taste.

*In the original recipe, the cod, toasted rice cereal, and flat leaves parsley were used. Spinach was prepared as salad with lemon juice drizzled over it.

1 comment:

  1. youre welcome!

    the tiramisu was really good :)

    P.S. isn't my username really clever? and so true! :P

    ReplyDelete