Monday, May 10, 2010

Polka-Dots Outfits

I have been into polka-dotted fashion lately.  This picture immediately caught my eye when I saw it from one fellow blogger.  I like the combination of  yellow and polka-dots.  It gives it a little edgy but modern feel.
It made me want to go shopping to get a polka-dotted shirt right away.  I know I wouldn't be interested to getting the polka-dotted jacket because it's not that versatile. A polka-dotted shirt is more versatile in this case.  I got so inspired by this outfit combination.  My brain started to think of what could I do to mimic this look. I didn't think I owned any clothes that were in polka-dotted until I checked my closet.  I found a scarf and a summer skirt.  I pulled out all the similar components that I needed to mimic the above and started to play with them.

The fabrics used in this ensemble were all light weight to suit the spring and summer weather.  The white jacket came with a white belt, but I replaced it with a yellow belt and balanced it off with a pair of orange shoes. I used the polka-dotted scarf to mimic the polka-dotted look of a shirt.  I also used a black pencil skirt .

I have an A-line polka-dotted skirt and came up with this look. This is a little more casual but still a chic-looking ensemble.  I paired it with the same jacket,shoes and belt, but changed it to a yellow blouse underneath.
I could also pair it with a yellow handbag I bought last year and change the shoes to white or black to avoid the outfit matching too much. I also have a yellow scarf but it's a wool blend and it doesn't have the right weight for the season. Now that I've got this idea, I can always swap my accessory to come up with other ensembles for the season in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment