5 Basil leaves
Fennel, discard the top part and slice the root as you would do with an onion.
1 lb. Snow peas
1 chili hot pepper. sliced (optional)
Tiger prawns, cleaned and rinsed
Shredded lettuce or arugula (optional)
1 tbsp cornstarch
4 tbsp water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add a little salt and blanch prawns and snow peas, drained
- Heat up a pan with oil, saute prawns until fragrant.
- Add minced ginger and garlic.
- Add black pepper, hot pepper, basil, fennel and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked prawns and snow peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mixed sauce and stir well.
- Pour over shredded lettuce or arugula.