1 cup green mung bean, soaked in cold water for an hour, drained and rinsed
2 pandan leaves, rinsed(optional)
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 you tiao 油條(fried dough fritters)
1/4 cup sweet potatoes flour, 1/4 cup water
- Soak the mung bean in cold water for an hour. Drain and rinsed.
- Steam the mung bean for 20 minutes or until they are cooked.
- Add pandan leaves, water and sugar in a pot. Bring to a boil or until sugar is dissolved.
- Add steamed mung bean and mix well in low heat.
- Slowly stir in the thickener until mixture is thicken.
- Serve warm with sliced you tiao.
I did not have pandan leaves at home, but it still tasted good to me not having it. The you tiao is a must have when serving this dessert.