We love to eat grilled pork whenever we go to Vietnamese restaurants. I attempted to mimic the taste and cook these for dinner. I found that lemon-grass was the key ingredient that made the difference.
4 Pork Chops
2 Cloves garlic
1 Yellow onion
3 Tbsp Mae Ploy Thai chicken sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp peppers
1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pound and thin the pork chops with a meat mallet.
- Add marinating sauce and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat and add cooking oil into grill pan.
- Add in garlic and onions, saute until fragrant.
- Add pork chops and let cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Pour the chicken sauce over the pork chops and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn and cover both sides with sauce.
- Serve over rice.