Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Simple Green Daikon Soup

My kids have had very bad allergies and I made this soup to help ease the symptoms.  When I wanted to make soup in a hurry, I just used the ingredients from what I could remember in my head.  This is a simpler version of the  Green Daikon and Carrots Soup  I made last time.



Ingredients:

1 lb. Lean pork
2 Green Daikon, peeled and cut into big pieces
4 Carrots, peeled and cut into big pieces
5 Shiitake mushrooms
5 Dried Dates
2 Slices of dried, salty turnip (optional)

Directions:
  1. Bring a pot of water to boil.
  2. Rinse all ingredients and set aside.
  3. Add in pork and the rest of ingredients into the boiling water . Bring to another boil on high.
  4. Turn heat to simmer and continue to cook for two and half hours.
Note:

The salty turnip is located in the dried food section in any Asian supermarket. It is very salty and I like to use it to cook with soup as it adds more taste to the soup. There is no need to add any salt in the soup when it's ready to serve.  Add salt to your prefer taste if you do not have this ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment